The Most Recent Summarised Episode ...
Friday 16th March
Jennifer, Adam, Kate, Brian, Emma, William
- Adam tells Jennifer that the Soil Group is treating Home Farm as if it were a plague site. Kate pops in momentarily looking for a youth leader who plans to bring children from Birmingham to the countryside to take advantage of Kate's services. (What?) Adam offers to give them a tour of the sheep and Kate is grateful. Jennifer has made a pie for Will and they discuss Will's resignation. Adam reports the latest on Lexi's medical prep and then has to leave. Jennifer criticises Brian for Adam's difficulties with the Soil Group.
- Emma brings Will's cleaned suit to him. She has to remind him to take care of Caroline's cheque which is still on the sideboard. Jennifer brings the pie to Will for his supper. She offers to help with the funeral arrangements. Jennifer asks about flowers and Emma says she and Clarrie thought a donation to a sepsis charity would be appropriate. Will remains silent as Jennifer and Emma try to keep a conversation going.
- Brian reaches out to Adam about his difficulties with the Soil Group. Brian is understanding and asks if he can make it up to him. He will support putting another block of soil under herbal lays; he will support the proposal to the partners. Kate arrives and is irate about the youth group. The leader was alarmed about the decontamination activity and will not book the children to come to a dangerous site. Brian brings up his idea of having the yurts and the surrounding area cleansed by a spiritual cleanser. Kate retorts that it is way past that. She wants to build a wall so that no one can see the clean up.
- Will is cutting firewood and won't stop. Emma needs the order of service finalised to bring to the printer. Emma wants to speak at the funeral and she wants Will's approval. Will agrees but he refuses Emma's offer to speak to the congregation.
- Adam believes Brian has finally come round to his way of thinking about herbal lays. Jennifer is noncommittal but positive about the outcome. Brian tells Jennifer he will look into screening to help Kate's business. And is Kate as grateful as Adam, Jennifer asks with an acid tone. She doesn't know how Brian can live with himself.
- Emma goes over the service with Will. Nic's brother will read a poem. She tries to talk about music but has to mention the body coming in. They would like to play the Shania Twain song they had at their wedding. Will has no opinions but he agrees to everything. Pat has offered to watch Poppy but Will says he will do that. Emma is relieved that Poppy will be at the funeral but Will soon makes it clear that he and Poppy are not attending the funeral. Emma is appalled; Will needs to say goodbye. No I don't, Will declares. He doesn't need to be told Nic is in a better place and he'll see her when he dies. They can all do what they like; he won't stop them but he won't be there.
Summarised by Cynthia Curran