The Most Recent Summarised Episode ...
Friday 25th May
Alistair, David, Philip, Jazzer, Joe, Shula, Jill, Jim
- Alistair is puzzled why David is asking for advice from Kenton. But it's for Ruth's 50th. And Kenton is the party expert. David rushes off but Joe arrives. Jazzer keeps trying to wind Alistair up about Lavinia. But he insists it's private. Jazzer quizzes Joe about what he said about Jim's piano lessons. He has been really depressed since. Joe says he'll try to cheer him up.
- In a conversation with Philip, Alistair admits he feels guilty about Lavinia and letting her down. He just isn't ready for a new relationship. He still thinks of himself as married.
- Jill is trying to buy a present for Ruth. Shula is with her and doesn't seem very interested. Shula is still upset about Lavinia. She is more bothered about how other people see her than about Alistair straying. Jill tries to persuade her that her reaction is because she still feels for him and things mightn't be over as much as she thinks.
- Philip tells Alistair that he understands. Things always seem odd when you first split up. He went a bit wild with women after his divorce. Alistair is bound to feel odd for some time. Later Shula apologises to Alistair for her reaction about Lavinia. He has told her now is not the time. But he does tell Shula that he also realises they can't keep living under the same roof and has consulted a solicitor.
- Joe does visit Jim to try to persuade him to start his lessons again. Joe claims it is a dying man's wish that Jim would play at his wake. Jim tells Joe that he will do it if Joe plans to live as long as possible. So straight back at the cottage, Jim is practising. Jazzer is less than impressed.
- David has asked Jennifer what she thinks Ruth would want. She is suddenly really upbeat. David wonders what he has unleashed.
Summarised by Rachael Reynolds.